Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Thank you

My church sent some packages of food and calculators and other stuff. We were really excited to get those. Calculator are hard to come by here and I shared with some of the high school teachers. Previously we had 1 calculator for the whole class. A few people have phones and so I let them use them as calculators. Now we will have enough for everyone.

Awhile back we received some money from the church for the students. A lot of them are having trouble paying their school bill. I told them that if they worked hard and got As and Bs then I would give them the money. A few of the kids worked really hard. After the quarter grades were in I talked with the principal about who deserved the money. I was looking at giving it to two or three kids. Then about that time we got another check. With that I was able to divide it among five kids and they each got a sizable sum. A couple of them didn't have perfect grades, but I felt they were good kids. The principal called them into his office and they were wondering what it was about. They came back so excited. One girl ran up and hugged me. They thanked me a bunch of times. One of the parents came up and thanked me personally. It was a pleasant surprise for the parents. They couldn't believe someone had helped them.

No comments:

Post a Comment