Friday, May 21, 2010
Consecration
Today was consecration. I didn't really know what to expect. All the graduating seniors and 8th graders came. They had chairs in the front. Each student brought a towel to put over the chair for decoration. I lined everyone up in the back and we all went in. The rest of it was a pretty normal church service. They put me on the spot and had me help lead the singing. I don't sing well, but this day my voice was halfway gone from the cold I'm getting over. I kept away from the mic and croked through the song. Finally it was over and everyone marched out. The kids all had matching dresses and shirts. I had a shirt made as well. We took a bunch of group pictures. Usually I hate group pictures, but I really wanted these. I'll be leaving them in less than a week and I will want those reminders. It's so sad to think about leaving. It isn't paradise, but it is a beautiful island. Even though we can become very frustrated with the culture and people, I love them and will miss them. There is true beauty everywhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment