After our day from hell a lot of the SMs were really bummed. I wasn't depressed, but I woke up Thursday morning with a sore throat. I didn't want to talk all day with a sore throat so I sent Mitch in as a sub. He works in maintenance and helps out wherever he is needed. I slept most of the morning and took some medicine so I felt better at lunch time. I cooked for everyone in the apartment and then took over my class for the afternoon.
When I got there two different girls came up and told me they missed me and was glad I was back. It made me feel so special.
The next day I was eating lunch in the apartment next door. One of the guys look out the window and said someone was looking for me. I came out and a group of the girls in my class were at my apartment. I went over to see what was up. They handed me a tray of food and said they had it left over and wanted me to have it. What was even cooler is that usually it's just hot dogs and rice or chicken and rice. But recently the wellness center started making vegetarian stuff for ort cafeteria. The kids knew that I am a vegetarian and so they brought me this vegetarian meal. It was really good too.
Even though we've had a rough time with some disappointments God is looking out for us and encouraging us with little things. On Friday a group from Southern sent us a bunch of stuff. It was so exciting to get stuff from friends at school. The letters they sent to tell us what is going on was as exciting as the stuff they sent.
No comments:
Post a Comment