The first story he was out spear fishing. For those that don't know what it is, he snorkels around with a big spear gun. It shoots out long spears and then you pull it back in with a fish on the end. Jeh is a very pretty island with deep reefs, lots of big fish, and big sharks. So he was out looking for fish and he found this big one. He started closing in on it and was about to shoot when something large knocked him out of the way. A large shark pushed past him and ate the fish he was about to shoot. I think he about pooped in his pants. I don't know what kind it was, but probably a Tiger Shark. Damien said he saw a 12 foot one when he was out there.
So Paul was catching fish. They had a cat that they brought to Jeh to eat the rats that live there. They cooked up some fish and decided to share it with their pet cat. Before they ate any they threw some to the cat. It started eating it and then looked up really strange. It jumped around for a minute and then fell over. It looked dead, so they tried to do CPR on it. Finally, it woke back up, but didn't move for several days. The fish they had caught was a poisonous fish. One lady on the island had eat it years ago and was still paralyzed from the waist down. Even doctors in Hawaii couldn't cure her. If Paul or Chad had eaten it that would have been the end of their teaching career. God was really looking out for them.
The last story happened on Friday. Coach Zac, Jon, the seventh grade teacher, and I were sitting watching the kids play for PE. We were talking among ourselves and not paying to much attention. Some guys came running over and started yelling, "They're fighting, they're fighting!" I looked over and saw one kid (Mathus) leaning over another one(Ariel). Ariel was sitting on a bench. The Mathus was punching for all he was worth. I was the first one to make it over there and grabbed Mathus behind the arms and tore him off. I pushed him away and he turned as if to punch me. He saw it was me and stopped. When I turned around I thought Ariel was going to be bloody the way Mathus was laying into him. Fortunately, he must have been blocking pretty good with his hands because he only had a small black eye. Zac and Jon drug him off to the office and he got suspended for a week. It was a good thing that it wasn't one of my large eighth graders because I wouldn't have been able to budge them. There are even two seventh graders that outweigh me by a lot. If it was one of the bigger kids, it would have taken two of us to pull them apart.
No comments:
Post a Comment