Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sunday, August 30th

It's so nice to have a weekend. Friday went well with school. We did a little work and then we watched half of Ten Commandments. It was the newer one that I haven't seen before. The kids were happy and having fun, so it made Friday go smoother.
Friday afternoon I went to the birthday party for one of my students. She turned 11 years old. That's about two years younger than most kids in 8th grade here. She's really smart, the top in my class. She is from the Philippines. They have lived here for 10 years but are moving back in December. I was super stoked that she invited me to her birthday party. She is such a little grown up. I gave her some stuff my mom sent in a care package for the kids.
After that I retreated into my "cave," the teachers lounge and read all afternoon and evening. It was nice to not have to do anything or go anywhere.
On Sabbath we went to church. My principal did the sermon. We had another potluck, which was really nice. Afterward we sat around and told crazy stories. In the evening we had the vespers program. They had a skit and some people shared testimonies. Since it worked out that I didn't have a job to do, I got to film the whole thing on Rudy's camera. We are just adding to our sick footage from this year. Rudy has a bunch of time lapse stuff. He'll set the camera pointed at the school yard and you can watch people come and go for 4 hours compressed down to 3 minutes. It's so awesome.
Saturday night we walked down to Payless and got some icecream then we started playing group games. It was really fun and crazy. Everyone is bonding nicely and getting along better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment