Thursday, September 17, 2009
Internet!
Yay! We got high speed internet here at the school. Some of us thought that would never happen. We've been promised for a long time. The only downside is that we have to pay by the megabyte or minute. It works out to 10 cents a minute or $1 for 10 megs. As long as you don't download more than 10 megs in 10 minutes, paying per meg is the better deal. Still, it's expensive either way. I'll probably be going back to RMI, the resort that has internet. You can buy steamed rice for $1.25 and use the internet all afternoon. But it can be really slow. I haven't been able to get Skype to work more than three times, and even then, I couldn't here the other people a lot of the time. It'll be nice to make phone calls here. With phone cards being 49 cents a minute, even paying by time is cheaper than calling on a landline. From what I've heard, Skype VOIP doesn't use much bandwidth so if you pay by the meg you can talk for a long time. We'll see, I can't wait to make phone calls on Sunday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment