Thursday, September 24, 2009

Welcome Back Party Time, Sept. 25th

Praise the Lord this was a four day week. It's so nice to have one of those. Last night, (Thursday), we had a welcome back party for the high school. It took forever for people to start showing up. We started an hour late. We had games where the classes got to compete against each other. The Sophemores ended up winning. They had the best turnout I think. The Freshman did too. The Juniors barely had anyone there. Shari, the teacher who heads us SA, came up with all these crazy games. They had to sit on balloons and pop them and two people run with their legs tied to the other person's leg. They played musical chairs with the guy's knees as chairs. The most fun one was Dance Freeze. DJ Zac played music and when it stopped everyone had to stop dancing, if they didn't they got eliminated. I was a bit shy at first by I finally loosened up and started dancing too. Since it's an SDA school and the people over here are more careful about that stuff than we are in the states, the dancing was clean and everything. No one had seen my moves before and the other SMs thought it was insanely entertaining. I found it quite enjoyable. I love to dance. After the games, we had a small talent show. Some of the girls did Hawaiian dances and the the guys did the Soulja Boy Dance. A couple of them could actually break dance pretty ok. A lot of them were embarrassed about it I guess, so they wore masks and wouldn't tell anyone who was up there. Some of the teachers figured it out and talked to the kids, but they denied it was them. Maybe they just didn't want the teachers to know, idk.
This morning I got up early with Dameon and Tony to go surfing. After staying up late last night, I didn't want to, but Dameon harassed me until I came out. I'm glad I did. The waves were weird, but a lot bigger than they have been lately and pretty clean. I got some sweet rides in. I wish I had taken me short board. I took my fish because I thought the waves would be really small like they have been the last few days. I ended up having to try some crazy drop-ins on a shallow reef with a board way to thick and long for it. It was ok because I didn't get any new cuts on the reef, which actually surprised me a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're enjoying yourself! Keep it up with the kids--being lovingly tough is EXACTLY what you need to do. Sorry you've been sick, but happy that you are starting to feel better. You all are in my prayers, and I'll make sure to mention the cooking situation. I hope that gets resolved.

    ~Ashlee

    ReplyDelete