Sunday Ben and I went down to Laura, which is the other end of the island. The island is very narrow and a lot of the time you can see the ocean on both sides. But it is pretty long. It took us an hour to get down to Laura, and we aren't even on the other end of the island. We can go 20 minutes car ride the other direction. It makes a big half circle with some islands making up the other half of it. We spent some time with the couple from Laura. I don't think they hang out with Americans much and they seemed to enjoy Ben and I hanging out with them. We swam out past the reef, which took us 20 minutes. It was so far, even though it looked close. There were lots of fish and Ben saw a mantaray. At first I did a couple dives down to 30 or 35 feet. Then something moved in my head and I started getting sinus squeeze really bad and I couldn't even break 5 feet after that without my head feeling like it would explode.
Monday was a pretty typical day. We did our usual school work. For Music class we were suppose to come up with a cheer for our class. The kids wanted to make a dance, but they didn't come up with any ideas. I had some random ideas that I was trying to piece together. Today we had another chance to finish it. I talked to Zac before hand and got some ideas for a cheer and put them together with some of my ideas. We started off in a circle beating a rythm by clapping and stuff. We walked around in a circle singing "We will, We will, Rock you!" Then we stopped and I asked, "What time is it? GAME TIME" Everyone echoed. "Are my dogs in the house? ARF ARF" "Who are we? SHRENS" The Shrens is their basketball team. I have no idea what it means. Then we all put or hands together and yelled. Rudy took some video of it which he'll clip together. At some point it'll go on the internet. That was super fun. I have a lot of enthusiasm and I jumped around and acted stupid which hyped the kids and they yelled really loud and it turned out way better than I thought it would. 7th Grade still ended up beating us in the "competition" with a chant that rimed and some break dancing. You can't win everything.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment