Friday I got caught up on grading and slept all day. I was recuperating from a cold. I felt better in the afternoon so I went out with the guys surfing. The waves were coming in really big sets, but it was super windy out. Everything was so choppy it was hard to paddle and stand and everything. I got a handful of decent waves. Dameon came out and started pulling into big waves. He kept falling, but that didn't stop him from paddling into everything that looked halfway decent. I was more careful and only ate it bad once. I got worked really bad and I collided with my board as I got mixed up in the "washing machine." Fortunately, it was safe surfing because the waves were mushy and the water deep. I didn't really feel like I came close to the reef at all. We had some sets that looked at least 10 feet, though. It was a big day. The constant wind for two or three days kicked it up. Ben came out and we got some super sweet pics.
Sabbath was pretty much a repeat of the last Sabbaths. Church, potluck at Lenny's, sleep, read, hangout with friends. This time Rudy and I went down to the bay and took some time lapse video. Unfortunately nothing happened in the bay and so it was very boring footage. Right at the end a storm came up. We stuck it out for awhile and then walked back in the rain.
Sunday morning the surfers got up bright and early for dawn patrol. We got so excited about the big, and this time clean, waves that were out there we surfed way too long. Not because we had anything to do, but because the tide went out while we were out there. I quit paddling for stuff because I got scared. I think I only got one wave that day. I know what waves I can drop in on for sure and that day they were pitching pretty good. On a normal day I'm not scared of getting pitched, but when it's that shallow it's just really sketchy. When we first went out it was shallow so I was careful. It just went down hill from there. By the time we finally paddled/waded in, there were huge rocks sticking out everywhere and it was super sketchy. Dameon and Cameron stayed out longer than Tony and I. Dameon landed on a rock on his way in and cracked his board. He just got the stuff to fix it today. In addition to that, when he fell on a wave he got a small chunk taken out of his foot by some coral. This bled really bad until he could get it stopped. It didn't seem to bother him much though.
In the afternoon we went to Enemanat. We rode on a man's boat who is director for the Olympics for the islands. He is really nice. On the way back he took us by the weighing in for the fishing tournament I talked about earlier. They had a bunch of 60-80 lb fish and one 103 lb Marlin. It was amazing. There were teams representing all the islands and one for the US. The US did pretty good with three big fish and some smaller ones. Miss All Micronesia was there. Tony, Zac, and Cameron got pictures with her. She was there taking pictures with all the fishing teams.
No comments:
Post a Comment